Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Music Roots.

So I'm watching Ready or Not and it's the episode where Busy decides to launch her music career. So she goes into an interview and in the background of the shot something caught my attention. It was a freaking Chixdiggit poster. I went onto you tube and watch their video "elchupacabra". Way funny. Here it is...



After watching this I decided I wanted more! After seeing this and remembering where my music taste began wayyy back in the day, I couldn't stop searching! Next came MXPX. Remeber them? They were my fav... then after a few albums their whole Christian rock vibe got a little vibrant and I couldn't deal anymore. This was one of my favs...



Now one of my ALL TIME FAVS! Saves the Day takes the cake for longest running fav band from age 10 to about 18... and they remain way up there. I have so many favs from Saves the Day but here's one I'll always love (it gives me shivers every single time)...



Now for yet another classic, Moneen. They used to play in Church basements in Caledon and Brampton were a Mayfield fav of many, these dudes are local legends. One time they even played at the Elmocombo with my brother's old band 'Dead Giveaway' former known as 'Last Man Standing' formerly known as 'ASA' (another stupid acronym)... real clever boys. I wish they had a you tube video because they were awesome too. But here's some classic Moneen for yeah...



--^ Bad sound but good song.


I think I would have passed out if I was at this show (video below)... a dream come true. I did see them together once... and it was a dream come true. To pay $50 to see Moneen seemed like such a jip at first after never having paid more than $6 to see them before but MAN was that worth it.



This post is getting long... and I bet I could go on forever and ever, but I'll leave you with one of the most classic of all. NOFX. I used to steal my brothers CDs growing up when I got tired of lying on the floor trying to listen through the wall/cracks in the baseboards between out rooms, all the while my sister was covering her head with a pillow banging on the bathroom door that connected their rooms saying shut the hell up. Oh those were the days. Best siblings ever.

This song is dedicated to my childhood best friend Allison... for whatever reason we thought it was hilarious to whisper this to eachother in the middle of class then burst out laughing... we were 9, i think it was code for "i like that boy" but I could be mistaken. Anyways... funny song.



Alright. This was a nice break from my already horrible attempt at finishing my essay on Geothermal Heat Pumps. I'm pretty sure this was more fun, just a whole lot less productive.

-S

1 comment: