Monday, May 10, 2010

Bring Colour.


I think it’s time. There hasn't been a Bring Colour to Their Lives event since November 1, 2009. This is about to change.



With a new job, a new house, and re-branding in mind, it's taken forever to get to this point where planning another event is on the top of the To Do list. At this point all I can think is… holy crap I need to shorten the name of these things! I’m settling into “Bring Colour” simply because it’s way easy to say… and write.



I’ve got more bright and colourful ideas which will hopefully highlight the amazing local Toronto artists once again since that was originally a huge part of these events. Over the past year I have also formed a stronger bond to Dzanja La Chifundo which is the orphanage that started it all! My sister was able to visit the orphanage earlier this year meet all the amazing kids that live with Gordon and Lucy who run the orphanage and have done so for quite a few years now. Now that the orphanage is under new ‘management’ I guess we could call them, the kids have been given a bright, warm, and loving home. Focusing on community, Gordon and Lucy have maintained the goal of giving these kids a safe place to call home, and helping the community come together at the same time. I’d really like to help the kids with school tuitions & supplies as well as providing them with warm clothes and blankets.


The next event will be good. Watch for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment