Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Beginning.

Ever Since I moved to the city almost four years ago, I have wanted to start writing a blog. I’ve had this one set up for a while, yet I’ve never written even one post. Is it because I am terrible with spelling, grammar, and am not the greatest writer? Maybe. Is it because I am simply too lazy? It’s possible. But NOW I am going to start. On this day, January 8th, 2009, I will begin life as a blogger.

Every time I travel home to my parents house I have the greatest conversations with my Dad about just about anything. Usually business, what big things I’m going to do with my life, how I can be more creative when applying for jobs, etc etc. One thing that always makes me laugh though, is his constant attempt to through the word “blog” or “mainframe” or ‘text” into any sentence he can. My dad has always made fun of how concentrated my generation is on technology, and how lost we would feel without the internet or cell phones. He’s absolutely, 100% correct. I went crazy not having caller ID on my cell phone, and when the internet goes down I go completely stir crazy. I’m sure this is most likely what has lead me to my inability to sit down and focus on reading a novel for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Anyways, what I’m getting at is the fact that I always just laughed when my Dad went on about how everyone blogged. I was so against this whole part of the internet for whatever reason and would always respond with “Dad, no one actually has a blog” or “I don’t know anyone with a blog”. To my surprise, several people I know have blogs. So, this will be my attempt. I have a lot of really cool things that happen around me everyday and what better way to document them then this. At a party I was recently at, I was listening to a friend talk about how blogs are such a great way to document what goes on in our lives, and I completely agree. City life is amazing, there is tons to share, so now I will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment